I make from scratch some interesting salad concoctions. The one I made today had balsamic vinegar and virgin olive oil as a base. The first distinctive ingredient was a winter squash (chilled), though I'm sure any kind of mashed sweet squash would do. After that I threw in the following: red onion, sweet white onion, red bell pepper, chard, baby spinach, mixed salad greens, jalapenos, three chopped string cheese fingers, walnuts, tomatoes, celantro....then tossed it. Very good tasting. I really like adding squash or yams as it gives the salad some body and a distinctive sweet taste. Someone give it a shot and let me know.
I've got lunch box packed with a sliced turkey sandwich half, celery and string cheese, the salad mentioned above, a few pumpkin seeds, almonds and walnuts and lastly some cottage cheese with a sliced fresh half. It's funny but I probably eat better on my eight hour work shift than I ever have before. I am committed to six meals a day hence the reason for such an elaborately packed lunch. I am no longer a chow hound; I usually feel full and when I do eat it is out of knowledge rather than hunger pangs. This is something I never thought I could master.
Today I weighed in at 285.0 lbs. I've yet to use the fantastic weight/body fat scale that Megan and Damian sent me. I'm going to wait until I'm 280 lbs for initial weight in..........use this as something like an incentive.
Last night I rode up Mission Ave hill in eight an a half minutes starting from Butler Ave to the top of hill where the traffic lights are located. When asked by a driver how long it takes me, I estimated twelve minutes and the driver told me no way. Well, I guess it's "oh Way!" I think he is beginning to think about exercising after watching me pedal off into the night homeward bound.
I'm going to take Nancy to the park for a 20 minute tour. Last night at work I was able to fit in my "Tiger Moves" so I'll do the same tonight. Sleep tight Avery, Gramps is thinking of you:-)
1 comment:
Avery can't wait to meet Gramps. She also can't wait to guzzle her next bottle, but hey! She's a baby! That's her job. :)
Post a Comment