Sunday, December 23, 2007

Great News!

Megan called me around 1:30 p.m. yesterday and what a great surprise! As she spoke, while Damian drove, she was holding their daughter, Avery Madison Smith, riding home from the hospital to take up residency on NW Sunset Circle in Portland, Oregon. Oh Avery, I hope you come to understand the meaning of "lucky ducky" because you just made Megan and Damian very lucky ducks and they will try to do their utmost to make you a "lucky ducky" too. By the way Avery, Megan and her brother, Collin, loved to go to the park to feed the ducks in Glenmere Park, so be sure to ask them to do the same thing in Oregon. Hopefully, they do have ducks in Oregon.

I look forward to being in the Unity congregation tomorrow and share the joy I am feeling at this moment. Reverend Julie is very special leader.

Avery, this blog is for you and I want you to know that I dedicated my ride home from work to you. I rode up the Mission Ave. hill faster than any other time, because December 22nd was a special event for me, you inspired me to get in shape and be healthy so that I will see you grow into womanhood. Oohah (that's a military thing)

No comments: