Last night another concoction was made in the crock pot. I assumed the lentils would cook overnight, but such is not the case. They were still crunchy, edible but still crunchy. Note to self: precook lentils before adding to the crock pot. Each batch has a different taste. I added more olive oil this time around.
I've noticed my eating habits are changing and this is a very positive sign. In the past I've been a chow hound, but now because of work and diet I find that I am eating five to six small and varied meal portions instead of the basic three squares a day. Yesterday, Joy and I went to Coco's for lunch. I ordered a hamburger and upon arrival of the order I found myself scraping off the cheese and not eating the bun. Just meat and the trimmings. What is so unusual is that afterwards, as we drove home, I found that I was not feeling stuffed, but pleasantly and comfortably without any hunger, a very good feeling.
I received my four month bid assignment which starts in January. I'll work the extra board with Sundays and Mondays off. It was hard to believe I was able to get a Sunday off, because anytime an officially paid holiday occurs the work schedule automatically reverts to the Sunday work schedule which in my case means I never have to work on any holiday. I am #302 of 312 coach operators on the seniority list so I didn't think I'd have chance, go figure!
Today I'm going to call a place that professionally puts up Xmas lights. If it doesn't seem to be too high an expense I'll go ahead and purchase the service. Extension cords, electrical outlets, burnt out bulbs isn't my cup of tea.
That's all the news from Lake Wobegone. Readers, I assume you do occasionally listen to Garrison Keeler of PBS Radio if not, for shame.
No comments:
Post a Comment