Once again the flying colors racing across the TV screen have been put to rest for another year. I don't think I watched an entire game. Either I slept through a portion or all of a game, or I was jacking around with the computer. Still, I love January 1st and all of the football games.
We're very, very close to owning a house in Cheyenne. Actually we've signed all of the necessary papers for the purchase, but there are inspections taking place, etc..., but for all intents and purpose we have a second home in Cheyenne. It's located in the "avenues area"(whatever that means) about five blocks from Collin and Denise's house. This is great and Denise is doing a bang up job following through on all of the details.
Joy and I will be going to Portland (Feb 2 thru 6) for a visit with our new grand daughter, Avery! Is that cool or what? Very exciting.
Weigh-in for the "biggest loser" contest at work will be January 11th. I'm sure I'll be in the money, i.e, 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. I didn't do a weight check today, because I was afraid to look; I had a few 40 ouncers yesterday and the day before too....oh well...Still, I'm doing okay. As I look in the mirror and I can see changes taking place. As I remarked to Scott in an email today, I may have lost weight, but anyway you cut it, 285 pounds is still pretty stout for a 5'9" frame. I am projecting myself to weigh around 230 pounds by the time the next reunion takes place.
I'll be driving about six hours from now. I'll only have to work four days before another two off.....that is nice. I'm starting to formulate what's going to take place within the next two years. I'll probably retire within the next two years and then continue to work for NCTD, but at reduced hours. I'll be allowed to work a yearly sum of approximately 975 hours and no more. So my plan is to go balls to the wall and rack up the 975 hours as rapidly as possible and then just coast the rest of the year which means Portland and Cheyenne visits often. Babysitting service is done freely with love :-)
So life is good. I'm going to see Joel Osteen this Friday at Cox Arena in San Diego. I just love to listen to him; such a humble laid back approach to preaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment