Had a relatively good sleep last night. It is never terrific, because Nancy sleeps with me and though we share halves it always seems to shift to 4/7ths to 3/7ths in favor of her side. Wouldn't have it any other way though.
Just finished picking poppies from the street area. I threw a bunch in a 55 gallon plastic barrel and now I'll let them sit for a week and then I'll bang the bottom of the barrel on the cement floor to shake loose the seeds and go about distributing the seeds in various spots around the HOA area. Each year the propagation of the species becomes larger and larger. Around Super Bowl playoffs is when I begin to see where the seeds are sprouting. California Poppies are so beautiful!
I received notice that my ING (savings) check is in the mail which means I'll be transacting purchase of my military credits at this time next week give or take three days. I am assuming I'll be laid off and I'm comfortable with that. Part time work may become available, but I am not actively pursuing that path. As it now stands I'll try to collect unemployment and when that runs out I'll retire; after that I'll just play it by ear. If I find that I am laid off as of August 10th then Joy will request her chemotherapy treatment be postponed until after our reunion is over.
Today I'll be working a protection assignment which will probably allow me to read as much as I want. Every once in a while some bus breaks down or some unknown transportation problem pops up, but on the whole things are usually quiet and reading friendly.
Went to my King of Kings meeting for the third day in a row. Some really nice people go there, and I always feel welcome.
It's 11:00 a.m. and I want to squeeze in some ChessPro and Scrabulous before readying for work.
_________________________________________________________________
BRUCE'S JUMBLE WORD OF THE DAY: something that functions with water: IKSREPLRN
1 comment:
IKSREPLRN - sprinkler
Post a Comment