Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Planets Have Aligned

Everything seems to be working out to perfection. Yesterday I received notice that I was going to be let go......work force reduction......it was hard to keep the smile off my face. Today I will attend a retirement seminar. Probably about the time I will be laid off (mid August) I'll have received the necessary paperwork which will allow me to purchase credit units due to my Air Force stint and therefore qualify me for a partial retirement through CalPhers. I might wait a bit before officially retiring because of unemployment benefits, I'll find out more tomorrow. I consider myself extremely fortunate.

Collin sent more pictures of Dylan, great snapshots! I'll be flying out to give him a hello and caress in about a week. I was going to take a bus, but with a quick two day visit I can afford to fly since I won't miss any work.

Nancy has really gotten into staying on leash while I ride the bicycle. She's a pretty smart dog and since I don't know how to train she picks up on what she is supposed to do on her own. I just keep praising her and that seems to work.

Hopefully Joy won't be doing any chemotherapy around reunion time and the three of us will drive out to Wyoming. If she isn't up to it then I'll drive the two of them to Roseville, CA where Heather purchased a house and then solo out to Wyoming on a bus. I might be able to hitch a ride on Powder River Bus Lines out of Salt Lake City since Greyhound makes a diagonal approach to Denver bypassing a portion of Interstate 80.

I'm reading The Monster of Florence, a true story of an unsolved series of murders in Italy. I checked it out from the library rather than buy it from Amazon Books (what a novel concept, check books out from the library rather then spend money :) Anyway I asked the library to buy the book, Icon of Evil, a very important piece of history in the 1920's and 30's dealing with Palestine and the present problems the world faces with radical Islam. John Rothman is a co-author and a person I listen to on the radio on weekends. At one time he worked for Nixon, but is now on the Obama bandwagon.

So that's about it from the shores of Oceanside.

No comments: