Saturday, November 15, 2008

How the weeks fly by

Just read in my last blog how I put poppy seed pods in a 55 gallon barrel and that in a week I would spread the seeds around...WRONG, they're still in the barrel, perhaps today...........

It's a great day the temperature is at 79 degrees with a gentle breeze. I'm now working a Monday thru Friday bid which lasts through January 24th. It's a split shift where I work Mondays and Tuesdays early morning and mid-afternoons until 7:30 p.m.; WThF I start at 11:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. then return at 4:30 and off at 8:30 p.m. SWEET!

Joy is doing relatively well. She just doesn't have a sustained energy level. Her white cells counts are down, but so are her blood platelets so that's the quirk.

My shoulder is much better, but not the same. I've got some arthritis going in my right knee, but other than that things are well.

Still doing the crock pot thing, but lately I've just been cooking a large batch of lentils and extract what I need then place the remainder in the refrigerator. The basic dish I make is: lentils, chopped onions, brocolli, green pepper, tomato, jalapenos, one string cheese, large amount of cayenne pepper then microwave for two minutes, place a scrambled egg on top and chow down.

I am very happy and relived that Obama won. If he can stabilize the mess he has inherited I will be astounded. He actually speaks too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see that you are blogging again---here is to good eating---Dylan sends big kisses