Joy went in for her blood test prior to starting up her third round of chemotherapy, but after analysis the doctor suggested putting off anymore therapy for a month. Chemotherapy is reducing the cancerous cells (good), but it is also reducing her platlet count (not good). So for now she's rescheduled for the third week in August. She mentioned to me about putting it off for another two weeks so that she, Nancy and I could drive out to the reunion. She'll run that idea by the doctor tomorrow. She doing relatively well, however she tires easily.
I saw my naturopathic physician today in hopes of starting up another weight loss attempt. Made a heck of a salad this afternoon. Sometimes I just can get myself to make up a salad so today was quite an accomplishment.
Weighed in at 303 lbs today. I can't see a physical therapist until August 20th, but the shoulder is much better so I'll just do movements which will not exacerbate the injured area.....the doctor described it as an impingement. Had X-rays taken the other day, but I haven't heard anything back.
I've gotten into playing Jumble, the mixed letter game which can be found in most newspapers. I went into Barnes and Noble and bought a book full of Jumble games. I also bought a book on how to go about solving Soduku puzzles. Perhaps I'll become as addicted to finding solutions as Joy does on a daily basis :-)
I certainly enjoy the photos which Collin and Megan post. It gives me such a glowing feeling knowing my children are such loving parents along with their spouses........ EVERYONE ROCKS!
Well, Jumble awaits me at the living room table as well as some serious Soduku studying.
No comments:
Post a Comment