An observation Joy and I have made is the fact that we don't see many spiders or insects inside the house anymore. We do have one species of spider in the house, but we consider them our guests, the spindly spider known as "Daddy Long Legs." I watched a "Daddy" hone in on another species of spider the other day and make short work of it in deed! Its venom is as poisonous a that of a Black Widow's, but it doesn't have the ability to lock onto human skin so we're safe. They are almost translucent and so thin as to not be noticed. If anyone who reads this have any Daddy Long Legs around encourage them to take up residence with you as they work for free and don't pollute the environment. They often take up residence in the bathroom or at the floor and ceiling corners.
Today, I attended Unity Christ Church in Carlsbad. I enjoyed the service and plan to make it my place of fellowship. Using a Google search will explain the philosophy and beliefs of Unity. I agree with their observations and I need some fellowship so I am now one of them. Interestingly, there is no membership per se, and "Unity does not emphasize formal membership and has never been preoccupied with gaining converts merely for the sake of numbers. In fact, Unity says that one can subscribe to its teachings and still retain membership in any other church. Unity's viewpoint is that there need be no conflict of religious beliefs. Unity believes that there is good in every religion and that we should keep our minds open in order to find the good when an opportunity is presented. In keeping with this attitude, people of various religions the world over find good in the practical Christian principles taught and promulgated by Unity. Unity has no strict creed or dogma. One might describe Unity as a religious philosophy with an 'open end,' seeking to find God's truth in all life, wherever it may be."
No comments:
Post a Comment