Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hill Reaquaintance

I'm riding the bike up the hill again. It's getting easier, not easy, but not real hard either. I use the Marine Corps CD running cadence to spur me up the hill. I figure if they can say it while running I should be able to listen and pedal. I'm staying in the low 290's, but I can feel that I have added some muscle, because of the way I move and fit into my clothes. Still fat, but not mushy fat.....beer belly fat. The hill will take care of that problem. Still doing isometrics. Yesterday I went to the park with Nancy and she got behind me so when I got to the place where I exercise I turned around and couldn't see her. Then I see a man sitting on a park bench a couple of hundred feet away and who is seated right next to him? Oh yeah, just snuggled right next to him. It was such a funny sight. It was the bench where she and I often sit and gaze out towards the ocean.

I've got a new run assignment starting on December 4th and ending on January 12th. It's a night run to Escondido (about 20 miles from Oceanside). 1600 until 0001, Tuesdays thru Saturdays.

Took Joy to Coco's Restaurant tonight; nice to get out once in a while.

I now sponsor a five year old Filipino boy living in the Philippine Islands. He has a real family so I am not exactly sure what's going on, but I should find out more in a week or so.

No comments: