Today, I am going to attempt to record all of my activities starting now at: 7:06 a.m.
7:06 a.m. - adjusted wall clock as it was running four minutes fast and I simply cannot function without the clock being in sych with the computer dash clock. Why don't I leave the wall clock be and use the computer dash clock? As I mentioned in the first twelve words of this journal I am recording all of my activities, no judgment only recording. (I noticed the time is 7:12 a.m. and I haven't gotten the wall clock down, because I'm writing about the wall clock, time and what I'm going to do ......... story of my life (7:13 a.m.); just reread what I've just written and it's now 7:15 a.m., the wall clock is still running too fast. The wall clock is down and on the desk! Now it's 7:23 a.m. ....... no, wait, that's the fast time, because I haven't adjusted it yet! It's really 7:19 a.m. I just wasted another minute waiting for the second hand to get to the twelve o'clock position, but it overran by 2 seconds so I'm spending an extra minute more allowing it to go around for 58 more clicks before I pull out the AA battery. I have everything set and was even able to hang the clock back on the wall in one try. The time now is 7:30 a.m. I can see that this is going to be a very productive and insightful day.
7:31 a.m.
I am feeling really uncomfortable already. How do I write what I am going to do and do it without wasting time writing about what it is I am going to do in the first place? ( 7:33 a.m. at the time of rereading this).
7:34 a.m. Fuck it, I'm going to make some coffee.
Between 7:34 a.m. and 8:46 a.m.:
I went to my bedroom, hugged Nancy, then found a blank spiral notebook to use while away from the computer. Next, I went outside in search of a pen I remember placing on the patio table last night. Couldn't find the pen, but discovered some pumpkin seeds I had left outside. Decided to eat breakfast. Heated up a cup (Megan's pyrex glass container) of concoction from the night before and downed that while dining at the T.V. table tray while watching Book TV C-Span2; Ralph Peters from the NY Post was being interviewed. I computed and projected, i.e., 7.2 lbs weight loss in 21 days divided by 365/21 = 17.3809524 times 7.2 = 125.142857 lbs for the year. (I worry about the last .142857 lbs). Walked into the kitchen and sliced an orange (did you know there is no word in the English language that rhymes with orange?) into quarters, ate it then finally sat down and had my first cup of coffee (now working on my second cup).
8:46 a.m. - 9:47 a.m.
Reading about Cervical Spinal Stenosis which is the diagnosis for Doug's condition.
Did a bunch of stuff.........end of journal (perhaps I might be a candidate for AADD).
365/35 = 10.4285714 X (322.0 - 308.6) = -139.742851 + 308.600000 = 169 lbs on 8/24/10
Library reminder: The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Fairer and Cheaper Medical Care
2 comments:
Yep, you're my dad. I'm pretty sure this blog post would be a more exact proof of that than a DNA test.
Megan you wrote what I was thinking.........very funny...and I enjoy both of your blogs very much........don't change
Post a Comment