We updated our emailing system .......... bought a new iMac ...... go figure. The old iMac which Carol and Herb so graciously gave to us some five years ago had hard drive problems. Now we have all the bells and whistles with this one.
The sound system is terrific; Presently I'm listening to birdsongradio.com and the whole garage is immersed in bird calls, rustling leaves, flowing brook waters and wind sounds. You can also bring it up on the internet or go to "radio" in iTunes and locate "ambient" then click on for background bird songs and nature sounds as you go about your business on the internet.
The McDougall vegan thing is going well. I did purchase another paperback from Amazon.com ...... The Gabriel Method ...... it appears to dovetail nicely with McDougall. I also picked up a killer Chinese CD: Elixir Yang Ying.
Just returned from a morning meeting with Nancy running along side the bike. We're figuring out this riding compatibility and doing well may I add. Last night we rode to a night meeting on the other side of the hill. She now has a collar for night bicycle riding, a white LED light on an elastic collar. (from PETCO)
I'm very satisfied with reading The Gabriel Method; it's a visualization and meditation method of altering eating styles and relaxing the body into acceptance for this approach.
Life is good. The following is from an email my friend sends me: ***********************************************************
As Bill Sees It
Willing To Believe, p. 219
Do not let any prejudice you may have against spiritual terms
deter you from honestly asking yourself what they might mean to
you. At the start, this was all we needed to commence spiritual
growth, to effect our first conscious relation with God as we
understood Him. Afterward, we found ourselves accepting many
things which had seemed entirely out of reach. That was growth.
But if we wished to grow we had to begin somewhere. So at first we
used our own conceptions of God, however limited they were.
We needed to ask ourselves but one short question: "Do I now
believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power
greater than myself?" As soon as a man can say that he does
believe, even in this small degree, or is willing to believe, we
emphatically assure him that he is on his way.
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 47
***********************************************************
1 comment:
The thought the the shiny new electronic gadget is the only thing keeping me alive right now, man. The perfectly healthy heart, blood work, muscles, and pretty much everything else about me might have something to do with that too, but I believe it's this gadget. Tell me, does she purr when you email?
Post a Comment