Friday, September 04, 2009

Leapin' Lizards! 312

The coolest thing happened just a while ago. I had watered off the patio and was dressed in shorts and thongs relaxing in the chair when I noticed a lizard crawl on to the patio and drink from the wet concrete deck. He was about eight feet from me and I was kicked back taking it easy with my feet out when a bee lands on my big toe. The lizard's head turns towards the bee's movement and before I know is happening he scurries over to the foot thong and up on my toe and seizes the bee in his mouth. Then he slides down my foot, gives the bee a couple of chomps before swallowing and stays next to my foot for about fifteen seconds before scampering off the deck and into the planted section. I was excited when I first saw a lizard catch a spider and then a fly, but for me to actually be part of the hunt and have a ringside seat was the ultimate commune with nature wow!

No comments: