Another Friday, how quickly the weeks go by. I was thrilled to know that Megan is running on all cylinders now. Avery called me the other day to say hello. Grampa sounds like pop paah which sounds like grampa to me :) I say hello to Dylan but for now he's into the moment and not any salutations. I was impressed with Collin and John's third place finish at the Boulder Muddy Buddy contest. Way to go Collin! You too, John.
I'm hovering around the 310 lbs level now. This current round of weight loss I attribute to a vegan eating approach, no beer and some auto-suggestions I listen to on CD's or on iTunes.
I still attend meetings on a daily basis and find that I am developing some very nice friendships. It's amazing how the world looks when I'm not pissed off.
Nancy is doing well. She decided to abruptly stop in the course of one of our bicycle rides to a morning meeting. I picked up a couple of scrapes to the elbow and knee. Nancy still doesn't know what happened. All is well with her as long as she gets her one "greenie" treat a day.
I met a fellow today who invited me to play horseshoes in his backyard sometime next week. Then yesterday, Jimmy, the owner of Z-Market asked me to call him and makes plans for some chess games to be played on the tables in front of his market. I guess I'll have hit the Nirvana level if ever I can find someone to play pepper in the park.
So things are going well. I have lots of things to do, hopefully my energy level will increase with the coming weight loss.
1 comment:
All wonderful updates to read, Dad. Except for the bike fall, but that did result in you finding out about your blood pressure, so even that could be considered a good thing.
Chess in front of a store sounds like something out of a movie. I shall consider you a movie star in my mind.
Post a Comment