I was quite proud of myself tonight. I spent an entire afternoon at the abbey and didn't think about the Chargers/Giants game at all. I didn't find out the score by asking, but merely by over-hearing someone talking at a meeting.
When I got home it was dark. I took Nancy out for her run. Everything was going well when she stopped to add some liquid fertilizer to a corner lawn. I rode my bike a little past the corner and waited. She charged across the street and jumped the curb and ran smack into a cement wall. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt but only stunned and confused. A couple of days ago the vet said her eyes were fine and that the only way she would be able to tell if something were wrong with Nancy's eyes would be to conduct a microscopic inspection......translation: a lot of money. I'll just have to keep her on leash near cement walls ....... much cheaper. I felt so bad for her. I am so attached to her it is hard for me to leave without guilty feelings.
Ernie emailed me tonight and suggested if we were to meet at the USD ticket office prior to the game next Saturday that in all likelihood we would be the only ones there since the game is being played in Minnesota. Back to the drawing board.
No comments:
Post a Comment