Monday, January 21, 2008

Coffee, alcohol and adrenaline

Presently drinking coffee at the now time of: 12:15 a.m....... Twelve hours ago it was beer while watching a valiant attempt by the Chargers to unseat the vaunted N.E. Patriots from the top spot of the NFL.

How is adrenaline spelled? I thought it was spelled: a d r e n o l i n e but not the case, the schwa was an a and not an o. I am laughing at myself with my Kiva cap complete with a bicycle headlight, CD player and me stooped over the large dictionary by the front door searching for the correct spelling.

At Unity this morning, Reverend Julie spoke of going within to find peace and solutions rather than outwardly manipulating events to fit our definitions. On three different occasions someone's watch started beeping........meditation, prayer and a marvelous song by the guest pianist and the fricking watch was beeping! Oh how I was thankful to be able to go within and not step outside and crush that fucking watch! I mean that could have been my newly purchased watch from Walgreens Drug Store and I don't know how to shut the thing off. I have found peace.

I have mentioned how I have wanted to "turn it up a notch" in regards to exercise. I find it to be more talk than action. In my mind I can "just do it" but that's much easier said than done. However, with that said, I am up to six REAL push ups (I think I'm good for eight, but I am afraid that I may fail if I test my hunch). I have now begun to do push ups (maximum 6) in front of the bus when at time points. I don't do them on the ground, but I use the lowered bike rack as my grip for the muscle work. As I age I lament (but not too much) the fact that I didn't push myself for more strength. Actually, I am going to try to become as strong as I can be over the course of as many years that I have left; Now that is a lofty goal! It is in print for not only me to reread, but for anyone else to see. Do I walk it or talk it? At the moment it's talk.........I'm still hesitant to try for eight push ups.

For the next three weeks I am going on a controlled diet to cleanse various body functions. Wish me luck. I'll accept any kind of encouragement too :)
___________________________________________________________________________________

“Isn't it the moment of most profound doubt that gives birth to new certainties? Perhaps hopelessness is the very soil that nourishes human hope; perhaps one could never find sense in life without first experiencing its absurdity...”

Vaclav Havel quotes (Czech Playwright and President of Czechoslovakia(1989-92), b.1936)

No comments: