Wednesday, January 16, 2008

283.8

The ritual for my morning weigh-in is as follows: My right leg up and over Nancy (sleeping next to me) much in the fashion of a track meet high jumper. Take down the Tanita from atop my non functional CD player which incidentally has five CD's inside and I can't get to. Walk through the hallway and place the Tanita on the tile floor. Step on the scale while both hands are pushing against the walls; this allows for a gradual weight increase on the Tanita. In no way do I want this machine pissed at me. Think about it, if I can't get five CD's out of a broken CD player then what would be the consequences of having a fancy smancy weight scale disenchanted with the way it's handled. And the resulting read for today? Uh huh that's right dog, 283.8 lbs. Tanita, baby, today I'm going to rub your glass surface slow and gentle with a warm moistened cloth and loving hands, because Tanny Baby, you ROCK!

Talked to Al and Dot on the phone yesterday. Always enjoy talking to them. They are situated in a small comfortable house in Boulder close to where Johanna lives which will make it much more convenient for Johanna to check on the two of them.

I'm up to 92,000 grains of rice. It takes me approximately 6 minutes to amass 1,000 grains which is the size of an average serving of rice. So I think 15 minutes a day at the computer trying to do something for humanity while improving my vocabulary is certainly a positive.

Starting today I am going to do sets of three push ups ten times a day. I did six in a row two days ago so three should be the right number for repetitions.

Collin called a couple of days ago and told us the results were in on their child to be. It's a boy and all indicators say everything is fine. He told Joy they've decided on the first and middle names and said they were going to keep it secret, but he did suggest we probably would be able to guess the the middle name with certainty. My thinking cap is on Miss Olmstead (my fourth grade teacher); You would be so proud of me!.............or you are.....or.......you am? Never mind, I've put the cap on and I am not watching the clock, now give me the damned "C" so I can go out to recess and play kickball.

No comments: