Saturday, November 06, 2010

Remembering a lock combination 314.2 lbs

I have about five combination locks and can't remember their number sequence. Rather than pay a locksmith to retrieve the lost number, I'm now on my sixth one and I think I've solved the dilemna. I took a quarter and traced it on a white piece of paper.....(for example) I might write down a person's age, sport figure's number, etc... say the combination is 7-22-34, I would write within the quarter sized piece of paper clues to the numbers. 7 would be "MM" for Mickey Mantle's number, "1st rifle" for 22 and "GW's iq" for 34. Take the circular quarter-sized paper and seal it to the back of the lock with some clear mailing tape and when I find it in a drawer two years later I still won't remember it, but I'll have this treasured memory of brilliance dulled by the years.

No comments: