Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Out to the horses 311.8 lbs

I found a source for horse manure! No, I know the original source, I mean I found an equestrian ranch that will allow me to scoop so I'll go there this morning with a big ole 55 gallon plastic blue trash can sticking out the rear of the car trunk with shovel in hand. I plan on applying manure directly to the planting area, but also I'll use it as a catalyst to start the composting process with the composter that Megan sent me four years ago! Stay tuned on that one.

The twins were playing kickball down at the lower parking area when I arrived on the bike with Nancy running at my side. Eventually they gave me ten modified pushups and twenty regular situps.

Went to the Casino late in the afternoon. Up and down results, but eventually drove home with vegetables I bought and dinner I ate all paid for with winnings.

I've been pretty good about practicing meditation on a daily basis. I had wanted to meditate both morning and night, but I find night time not too easy to do. Anyway, meditation has really been working well for me. I combine the meditation with auto-suggestion just before beginning in order to motivate me to accomplish the small tasks around the house. I've been keeping the kitchen cleaned up since beginning two weeks ago. Also, things like starting the garden and picking up clutter has started to appear the horizon....... I feel calmer too.

Flirting with idea of going to San Diego Saturday night to watch San Diego State play Utah. I floated the idea with Bill Erne; if he's up for it I'll probably go.

I'm still eating nutritionally sound foods and have laid off the bread, sugar and alcohol save for one evening of wine and watching football on T.V. The oranges I bought last night are out of this world! I had four last night.

1 comment:

Collin said...

keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you next week