Tomorrow begins my official retirement from NCTD. Today Joy and I will sign some papers to initiate retirement processing. This is all good, but the real happiness is that my knee is much better. With that said I vow to lose some weight in order to lessen the workload on said knee. As anyone can tell from my past writings this has been a real cause for concern.
I want to apologize to Denise and Collin for not phoning them on Xmas. I just got caught up in events and before I knew it it was the 27th. Megan, I could have done a Facebook "Merry Christmas" to you, but I didn't think of it until just today.
While I think of it let me share this with you: I appreciate birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, but unless it is an "extra special kind of gift", I would rather have Kiva gift certificates or else money donations to AC MaNalac (PH-439-0114) at Compassion International, Colorado Springs, CO 80997.
Here's hoping that 2009 will be fine and that I'll be able to make some visits to Wyoming and Oregon to see my grand children.
1 comment:
So does this mean that you're fully retired? I'm a little confused. If so, congratulations and that is wonderful!
I'm so glad to hear your knee is better, too. That is really, really great news.
Post a Comment