Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday

In a few minutes I shall clean the house and pick up (ahem) Nancy's items left outside. I just now called her in from the front yard. Her coat is so full and she literally gleams from the sun's rays. Such a treat to have her as a companion.

I fell over my parked bike in the middle of the pitch black night about two weeks ago. I had a puncture wound in my left hand which is finally in the last phase of healing over. Antibiotics.....the whole works.....it could have been nasty so I'm grateful for the assorted bruises and scrapes rather than an ambulance ride.

I get such a good feeling when I read about the good that Kiva loans do. I also sponsor a young Filipino boy through another organization. His parents are dirt poor and so appreciative of this support. I'm going to add some kind of monthly stipend for the family. They have some kind of small store business and I'm sure whatever amount I decide upon will be of help. So much poverty in this world, but it's better to hope than to hope less.

Joy and I spent a quiet Thanksgiving together. I bought some marinated chicken from a local market however, what I thought were chicken breasts was some other part and tasted bad. So we savored the potatoes and green beans. There's always next year :)

No comments: