Friday, June 23, 2006

made it!

Somehow I got to this page, not exactly sure how. I do not think this experience is part of a learning curve; No way, mine is a learning circle, over and over and over...

The first of three days off. So far, the usual routine: lie in bed and listen to Scott and BR on the sportstalk radio, then some computer bridge games, a bit of breakfast and pills and now Nancy licking my leg, buttering me up so to speak, seeking a walk in the park. She is so much fun. Unbelievably quiet, very strong, very gentle, always there. She can do no wrong, spell that d- e- n- i-a- l.

I've been on a spending spree for various items, mostly from Herrington's Catalog. The most recent is a CD disc retriever. I read the instructions (a first) and damned if this thing has no need for electricity, everything is either spring loaded or gravity induced. Pretty cool. Holds one hundred CD's, guess I'll work on that after this blog. Joy put all of my CD's in special books, but it's such a hassle I find that I don't go to the cabinet to look them up.

Tomorrow, I'll volunteer at Rancho Guajome. If anyone is interested, Google has a bunch of stuff on the place. Guajome is a name for frog pond. No more pond, but it must have been one great cocaphony of burps and chirps during warm summer nights.

I'm looking for some self-motivation to get started on strength and stretching exercises. I think I'll try to tie in blogging with exercising. Do both and write down what I've done. Notice that I'm marking the idea at the moment, not the actual project. Geez, I saw a photo of Ray Leal and myself while at the Academy. I couldn't get over the fact that I had a tapered waist! I can do it again.

Looking forward to walking through the backyard at Penny's. She remarked in an email how the trees have really turned out well. I'm very curious about the beechnut tree I transplanted from Jerry Mongron's house back in 1976. The Honey Locust tree on the north side was always a classic story of how it grew. After three years I had cut the dead portion down to earth level and left only a surviving sucker to fend for itself. It grew quite well.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Way to find your way back! If you do a post every day for a week or so, I'm sure the process will be burned in your brain such that it will be more of a curve, not a circle! I made Mom email me photos everyday for a while to get her to remember how to email photos. Now, I sentence you to regular blogging. I feel so powerful. What can I order C to do? Hmmm.

Keep it up! Looking forward to reading about your exercise routine and progress. I find it really motivated me to walk the dogs in the beginning of the year when I knew I had to post it - now it's just habit.