With Megan's gracious assistance I am now able to write. Thank you, Megan!
It's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon in Oceanside with a typical gentle ocean breeze to cool the air. Joy and I will take Nancy for a walk and windsprints in Buddy Todd Park. We position ourselves on park picnic tables thirty yards apart and reward Nancy with dog biscuits as she sprints back and forth for her treats. I estimate that she runs somewhere in the vacinity of three hundred yards and then we finish off the rest of the time with a quarter mile stroll. It works out well.
Since Collin and Denise left on May 29th I decided to forgo beer in hopes of losing weight. So far it has been slow going, but with a stitched thumb from a knife wound - cutting dog biscuits in half - taking ten days to heal and no sense of disciplined direction for food intake the excuse is not excusable but understandable. Abstaining from beer has been realatively stress free with the exception of the first night as I drove home from work and I kept wanting to head for the Deli Liquor Store.
I've got quite a few plans and projects which are going to keep me busy. I'll be a volunteer docent at Rancho Guajome showing visitors the grounds and talking about the history of the ranch. Fridays, have Joy and I going to the Oceanside Senior Center for lunch and bridge. Work gives me about 22 hours in a four day work week (Mondays through Thursdays), Netflix DVD movies, computer bridge, a variety of books and serving as the homeowners gardening liaison keeps me ocupied. So that's it. This is the first blog. Thanks again, Megan.
2 comments:
Congratulations on your first post!
It's July 3rd and will do a nine hour stint at driving a "fair shuttle" route this afternoon.
I saw where Al's grandson, Ryan, had a productive day last Friday. A homerun to tie, then a double to eventually score on single to right. He's playing for the Orem Owlz Class A Pioneer League.
Sent Megan a couple of books and a magazine through Amazon.com She and Damian are on some kind of trip, but I don't know where. Hope she enjoys the surprise.
I've taken Nancy for her park walk this morning. Now, I'm going to attempt 45 minutes of exercise and then a shower and a nap. Might even do something on the hillside. I'll see about that......
Post a Comment