So far the vegan approach is approachable. My main source of starches and proteins are potatoes, squash, red kidney beans, lentils, yams and rice. Veggies are whatever I put the knife to. Fruits are mainly melons, oranges, mangoes and bananas. I've switched to green tea, but today I just brewed up some decaf coffee.
Health wise I feel very good. I have noticed that my overall body is not as sore anymore. I still have swelling in the lower extremities, but not so much as when I returned from three straight days of driving home from Wyoming. That kind of stint turns my ankles into swollen softballs. My skin is not as oily and my mind seems to be a bit more clear.
Having a tough time getting started on a regimented exercise program, but I can feel it in my bones; the time is near. I'm planning on moving the health rider out to the garage and putting it just outside my sliding glass bedroom door. My bicycle should be good to go by Monday night at the latest. I'm still gun shy with doing push ups, because of the shoulder.
I bought some plants for the front. The lobelia I planted earlier are a partial shade plant which I didn't realize so I bought some Verbena (trailing) to replace them.
AA is going well. Anytime I get bored I just drive three minutes down the hill and I am at the North County Fellowship Center for any of three meetings throughout the day and night. King of Kings will be no more as of August; The 7:00 a.m. meeting will move just up the hill to another church setting. I've got 158 days of sobriety and learning the AA approach is beginning to gel.
WE AGNOSTICS
Yes, we of agnostic temperament have had these thoughts and experiences. Let us make haste to reassure you. We found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which is God.
Much to our relief, we discovered we did not need to consider another’s conception of God. Our own conception, however inadequate, was sufficient to make the approach and to effect a contact with Him. As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took other simple steps. We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him. To us, the Realm of Spirit is broad, roomy, all inclusive; never exclusive or forbidding to those who earnestly seek. It is open, we believe, to all men.
p. 46 AA Book
No comments:
Post a Comment