Lately I've been having some real love-ins with mornings in Oceanside. I've concluded that 10:00 a.m. is the optimal moment for morning gratitude. The outside patio area is relatively quiet, the sunshine still has just a tinge of coolness and the day is just starting. With a couple of cups of drip coffee already inside me the energy level has spiked.
I've been quite consistent with morning meditation, aka mindfulness grounding. Thankfully, Joy presents no "to do" lists so a lot of my time is spent between light thoughts and surfing the websites. I do get things done, but it certainly is "local motion" Moody style. For instance, today I picked up the patio, rearranged a few pots and moved the electric fountain to a different area. Tomorrow I'll pick up some decorative river rock to strew around its base and then it should look terrific. I also found plenty of time to start four different books. Yesterday I finished, How The Scots Invented Everything In The Modern World.
My mood has been quite stable which I attribute to anti-depressants; no alcohol either. I'm methodical about my pill intake so the four various ones are taken daily. Along with my newly found interest in outdoor patio life, I am with Nancy even more so since she likes the patio area with the sunshine. Of course she'll go in and out about ten times, but she can do no wrong. Every morning she seems fine so I just make sure she takes her pills and we live for one more day.
I keep saying it and I believe it. I think I'm getting ready to get into some kind of regimen for a healthy lifestyle change. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment