Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Returned from Portland weight: 311.2 lbs

Rolled into Oceanside yesterday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.; about a twenty-six hour journey. I consumed 2 quarts of water, 2 foot long Subway veggie max's, one low fat yogurt cup, one string cheese and 1/3 bag of fritos. Right around $15 total.

Portland had beautiful weather which hovered in the high 70's the whole time. Driving into town from Megan's house is simply gorgeous! The shadows and shades of green are remarkable.

I went to weight watchers and recorded a two pound weight loss. Last night I devoured a 1/2 gallon of chocolate ice cream very easily which means I must work on my eating habits on an hour by hour basis.

Not to bore the reader too much, but I have to tell this story of my missing car keys. Before I start let me explain that I have a bright green coiled wire (over a foot long) attached to my keys so I don't misplace them. Just before I left for Portland I could not find them. I normally put them in a green glass dish on the kitchen counter when I come in the house; either there or I leave them in the car ignition. Could not find them, looked all over and could not find the green wire coil. Just before Joy and I left for the train station on Wednesday morning I stopped the car in the driveway and ran back inside the house for one last look; could not find them. The last place I looked was in the green dish. BTW Joy had also looked in the dish too. Upon returning home I walked into the kitchen and where do you think I found the green coiled wire so easily recognizable? Yep, in the green dish. The keys were not visible, but the green wire was easily seen. Go figure.

I got through half a book on the bus which surprised me, because normally I don't read too well while traveling. The book is a light read; an action police mystery plot...... Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child. I just received a used book from Amazon: A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman; history of the 14th Century.

I have lots of stuff to do: Nancy and a walk, recycling, bicycling, doctor's appointment for some kind of weird back ache around the right kidney area; it's bothering me enough to check it out. It's been going on for about a month and I figured I was not drinking enough water, but that doesn't seem to be the case.......I'll see the doctor this afternoon.

My man-child druggie neighbor is beginning to piss me off. I'm going to the police and find out what to do. I know the guy, he's the son of a resident who passed away about nine or ten months ago. I've tried to keep my cool, but little stuff keeps piling up like: cars, car noise, cars in the driveway, trash outside, weird visitors, using the garage as living quarters, I could go on, but I'm sure I've given an apt description of events......

That's about all the news from Lake Wobegone.

No comments: