After touring the grounds of Reed College by car and then a brunch in the city I headed back to Oceanside. It was a wonderful visit. I need no entertainment since I really want to visit Avery, Megan and Damian and no more. Anything else is extra frosting on the cake.
Went to St.Bartholomew Episcopal Church in Beaverton. I knew that Portland and the surrounding suburbs were hip to health, but when I read in the church bulletin that members need only to request a gluten free wafer and it will be duly noted the following week, wow! So the Holy Eucharist can also now be celebrated with gluten free wafers. "Take for...this is the body of Christ (which is gluten free)...." I feel a Seinfeld moment somewhere within this description.
The bus ride home was uneventful and went along quite nicely.
Avery was a joy to watch. The way she quietly observes things around her is fascinating.
Her eyes dart back and forth with the brow furrowing ever so slightly and such a coy smile she possesses.
Dylan and his parents sent Grandma and Grandpa a nice thank you note for the "really cool Christmas gifts"..... he even signed it! We're definitely saving that masterpiece.
I might make a quick trip to Phoenix to visit Doug and also watch Al's grandson workout with the Angels. It sounds like he's headed for triple-A in Salt Lake City. After that I'll head on up to Vegas to pick up my phone charger which I left in the hotel a couple of weeks ago. While I'm there I'll place some future Super Bowl bets.
Tomorrow I'm going to Viejas Casino just outside of San Diego for some craps experimentation.
Everything is going well. We got a postcard from Aunt Carol saying that all is well in Hong Kong with the city as well as Scott.
1 comment:
Thanks so much for coming to visit! Avery asked for Pop Pop for a couple of days, but I think after this morning's phone call, she now knows you're back in California. We'll see.
Post a Comment